cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung account blocking beta eligibility issue.

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 04:24 AM)
Potatolover1102
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Sorry this is a bit lengthy but a weird issue I thought needed attention!

I have two S22 Ultras, and I installed the unlocked U1 firmware, and one is on Verizon, and one is on T-mobile. Now my Verizon has a different Samsung account attached to it. Well, weirdly enough, my Verizon one showed the banner and smooth registry and already installled the OTA. My T-mobile model on both the unlocked and carrier locked firmware showed the beta banner after a factory reset but as soon as I logged into my secondary Samsung account the members app would say I wasn't eligible and permanently remove the banner. Now for fun I tried to log out and login with my primary samsung account on my Verizon phone and immediately It let me sign up no problems. So my question is, why would one of my samsung accounts be blocking the eligibility but the other allowed both devices to work no issue. I don't want combine my samsung accounts because too much is synced separately (1 personal and 1 for work) and I need them separate. I just thought that I would throw it out there after hours of frustration on why the banner either never showed or disappeared each time! It seems like the actual samsung account could be blocking eligibility of even fully eligible model phones 🤔 Anyone else able to try a different samsung account to see if i'm the only one with this issue?

TL:DR One of my Samsung accounts, allows multiple devices to sign up with the Beta while my second Samsung account blocks all devices from signing up for the Beta and when to see if this was happening to other people as well who otherwise have eligible devices! 
2 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please send us a private message with your Samsung account email address and the device IMEI you were trying to enroll with.  We can check what the issue is.

We appreciate your interest and contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

Fiah_rag
Astronaut
Options
Questions

I have been experiencing this exact same issue and I have been racking my brain trying to think of a reason why, also have the sm-901u1 tmb s22 and the banner shows then goes away once signing in after a reset 

0 Likes