Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Scrolling - "Drag" Effect

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 06:54 PM)
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Questions
I have noticed when browsing the web, Gmail, etc, that when you swipe to scroll that there is a "drag" effect.  It's not that it stutters, per se... but if you swipe fast, during the scroll, it slows and speeds up and slows and speeds up.  

Anyone else? 
13 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Hmmm ... not here. For example, I select All Mail in GMail, then swipe up swipe up swipe up swipe up ... and it scrolls at top speed, then slows down evenly, till it stops.

I should check that I'm running beta4, cause I'm reading about issues I don't see on my end.

tick tock tick tock tick tock ...
ZUK1, yep, newest beta. šŸ˜€
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
I am still looking over everything after recently updating to beta 4.
I noticed this s scrolling drag in Samsung Messages. I'm slowly checking out all other apps. I found a couple of settings not applying in the calendar and photo widgets. I plan on sending in reports after I get some screenshots, etc. So far that's all I can see that's buggy. Other animations seem smooth, like transitions when opening and closing apps.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
Sometimes the phone needs time to settle after an update. Also after the phone is fully settled sometimes I will just do a normal reboot and go into the app again and see if it still have the same issue.
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Questions
I see it too. It's like it's not syncing the ram, GPU, and display right. It's trying to force frames and is giving like a tearing effect. If you watch, it does it on transition animations too.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
Then I think it would be helpful to submit the beta feedback on the app and describe the issue so the devs can see the log and find out what is affecting it. The more users who actively send logs the quicker this beta will come to an end. I really wish Samsung imposed a factory reset to join the beta that would at least ensure everyone has a clean stock setup, so we could figure out what causes certain issues.

Since a wipe was not required there is just so many different configurations. Some are running good lock etc too many variables it seems. Which I think it's a reason that there is so many people with issues and there are many people who are experiencing no issues but we have no way to figure why that is.
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Questions
I need to do a factory reset to check first. Ugh.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
no no don't do a reset, that was just my opinion on joining beta
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
Looks like the adaptive refresh rate is too aggressive with changing the screen back down from 120 back to 60hz once a finger is lifted off the screen.. then it seems to go back and forth from 60 to 96 which is making it have the weird drag wobble effect.

šŸ¤®

I turned off adaptive mode for now
userzhjyrJik4h
Constellation
Options
Questions
Yep. Definitely this. I turned it off and its fine for now.
0 Likes