cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Swipe navigation responsiveness is horrible when "Gesture Hints" are disabled.

(Topic created on: 12/12/20 8:21 AM)
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Questions
I know that I have complained about this multiple times and I see approximately 3-5 complaints a week on this subject from you guys. 

Swiping Gesture Navigon:

So I've been using the swip gestures as my navigation of choice and when I disable the "Gesture Hints" it becomes nearly impossible to accurately use the gestures. By impossible I mean it's either completely unresponsive or the actual actions are not the gesture that I made nor intended. When swiping to go back the phone lags, when swiping from the bottom nothing happens. It's like you have to touch right where the screen meets the bezel to get a response. A millimeter more and you'll get nothing. It's agitating when I try to make a gesture and the phone doesn't respond. It makes it even more difficult because it only detects the swipe gestures only if you you hit the miniscule area at the bottom. 

I've tried turning the touch sensitivity up and it's only made it worse. Notifications for instance on the drop down menu. I go to swipe them away and instead of swiping them the phone starts scrolling through them. It takes 2 or 3 times before I can actually swipe the notification away without accidentally clicking the notification or scrolling up/down. 

Samsung, you guys need to change the detection area for gesture controls and focus on why when we disable the Gesture hints everything automatically goes to crap. Make the action area larger and higher off the beze on the bottom. Figure out why the swipe sensitivity is so wack and we can't do simple day to day tasks. Apple takes the cake on swipe gestures and navigation controls, take notice! 

I think this is pretty simple fix and it's not asking for much 🤷 But then again, there's a lot of issues we're seeing here that haven't been addressed that should have been and/or still need to be. Adding more saved Fingerprints for instance. Instead of limiting us to only 4, why not let us add more since the sensor has a hard time reading through screen protectors? That sure was a highly requested change as well that you simply ignored. Since many people are forced to use the fingerprint sensor because of Covid-19 and masks, they're having to register their fingers twice just to get a halfway decent response... 

2 right thumbs + 2 left thumbs ='s 4 prints... I'd like at least two more fingers. 2+2+4 thumbs='s 8 total prints. Where are you guys you at?? 

3 Replies
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Questions
yeah its been terrible since beta 1 I believe
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

USCG1992
Halo
Options
Questions
I know I've sent you guys multiple and you guys leave the same comment on every post... Please, just address the issue by listening to our concerns. If the logs aren't coming through like we all know they haven't on your end then make a best assumption and just make an adjustment and see how we like it.