Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Text message issue

(Topic created on: 11/30/20 6:55 PM)
Tstewart831
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Still having random texting issues since update. Sending text to certain contacts will not deliver and I will need to resend as standard text instead of enhanced sms. Frustrating issue not knowing when my text will or will mot go through 
12 Replies
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Questions
Any chance you have a VPN service such as Lookout running? This was causing some issues for me, both messages not being sent and the chat send/receive status, and disabling it fixed the issue.
0 Likes
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Questions
You may also try updating your PRL & profile manually.

clipboard_image_1606792226841.jpg

Tstewart831
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I will try updating PRL/Profile I forgot to check that. no VPN. Thanks
Tstewart831
Asteroid
Options
Questions
oddly enough, trying to update those keeps giving me an error when attempting, sigh
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Questions
OK, I ran into this as well. Sprint is my carrier. I actually had to get them on a chat support and they did something on their end to refresh some signal. Hope that helps.
Tstewart831
Asteroid
Options
Questions
yeah I also have Sprint
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Questions
Once I was able to speak with Sprint, have them refresh whatever signals they do on their end, then I was able to do a PRL update successfully. The problem solved and I haven't had another recurrence of that.
Rob7904
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I hadn't been able to receive text messages in Samsung messages for a long time. I read an article talking about ensuring you disabled RCS before switching devices or message apps.

I disabled RCS in Google messages and native app works just fine now... you might check that if you used RCS
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Please try the suggestions made by  @Rob7904 and @ZipperChef . If the issue persists, please send us an error report. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes