JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UPDATE SCHEDULE FOR GOODLUCK APPS

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 10:16 PM)
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
Does anyone knows when is the update coming for GOODLUCK apps? @USBetaModerator ? Do we have to wait till the official version rolls out? Or we gonna get the update in next beta? Its not really a issue but i feel like something is missing whenever i play with my phone . Those separate app audio features/ vertical recent apps view/ notification history on lock screen/ notification panel color display/ many more . Hopefully we will be getting the update soon. Thanks šŸ˜Š 
10 Replies
Options
Questions
Good Lock apps aren't going to be updated until after the official releases. Only some modules currently work and they are listed in the Questions section.
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
Thanks for the suggestions Yeah, I have seen them. But I don't use those often, so.
0 Likes
Tylertsd
Comet
Options
Questions
After the beta ends or you unenroll usually.
Solution
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
By their very nature, beta tests for OS's will be full of bugs for some, and not for others. There will be force closes, battery drains, weird glitches, and many themes and modules in Good Lock won't work well or at all.
It's not trying to deliver a fully functional and formed experience. It's just showing us what they developers have come up with so far. We're just here to give feedback. We all have different apps installed, different setups and settings going on which is why they appreciate being able to get system data when we report our experiences.
And yes! They want and expect feedback about what we think of the ui, different elements and such that have changed from the previous version.
But to use the device you use as your everyday phone will not be like it was before you joined the beta. It'll be somewhat limited. I remember when no Good Lock modules worked at all in previous beta tests, and forget about Theme Park! Ha! It wasn't even a thing yet. So glad we have been able to retain some customization using just the stock home and associated apps !
The fun is seeing the feedback you and the rest of your fellow testers give actually get implemented into the final version. šŸ˜€ Sit back and enjoy the ride! Report those bugs. Have fun! Once it's over you will miss it! Haha.
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
Appreciate your comment. You're right.Hope, it's going to get better.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
It will! There will be a few more versions for us before the final one. Each iteration will bring some bug squashing and newer, refined elements to the ui. Eventually the end result will be a surprise! Some things will remain, many things will get scrapped. šŸ™‚ And then, usually a bit later, all the Good Lock modules will work again. All the people who develop apps and such are working their tails off to conform to Android 12 so it takes a while. šŸ˜€šŸ˜ƒ
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
Awesome. How do you know about all this stuff? Do you work for samsung? Btw, keep it up. One of the smartest comments I have ever seen.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Questions
Haha. I don't work for Samsung.

This is the fourth beta test I have participated in for Samsung phones, and you learn a little every time both from your own experiences and those of others. Reddit also has a great community for different devices plus articles, videos, etc. Lots of information out there, along with first hand observations over the last few years. šŸ˜€
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
That's great . This is my 3rd beta participation, and I find this one more unstable/laggy than the previous ones.
Reddit um. I am not into the social media that much . Thanks for sharing, thoughšŸ™‚