Options
Questions
When is it live?? I'm dying, here.
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Questions
I have the unlocked Note 20 and am wanting the beta ASAP.
Mayze
Comet
Options
Questions
You know what? I just miss how Samsung and Galaxy used to be. Real open source. Very tweakable. Scripting isn't a thing like it used to be because even that's automated now. We have less control unless we use an older platform or do the **bleep** from the computer directly. I miss being able to edit a rom right from my phone. True root. I could pull up some pics right now that are on my **bleep** Facebook profile from when I was so proud of a new build. A nightly or nand. Took all the bloatware off myself and freed up so much space and ram and my phone's speed went so far up! I hate being limited, and I'm really hoping this beta revives my love for Android and excitement for new iterations. These guys are just walking on eggshells to be perfect in stead of letting nature take it's course. Remember when PlayStation had a web browser? Yeah PS5 doesn't have a readily accessible browser. It's there, but locked to what Sony is doing to PlayStation what I feel Samsung is doing to Galaxy. Locking it up
0 Likes
Options
Questions
The browser on a Playstation is basically useless, hotwheels unleashed uses the browser to show their website with update details

If you want to root you would have to get a exynos or a pixel, not sure what others have an unlocked bootloader

But between increased security and damaging hardware with overclocking they won't go back to it
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Questions
Galaxies are rootable. Oden and side loaders are my go-to, but even after full root on Note 20 Ultra (not my current, but one I sold vanilla) these things are harder to mod. Like simple mods. They root extras so far into the system that you can't really just separate an app without keeping core functions needed for the phone to operate. There are better ways for them to program. Like separate the integrated parts of Facebook from the app part so you can fully uninstall the app without losing its integrations. It's appalling when I can't uninstall or even disable an app that I don't use, and it's a pain extracting and isolating the integrated segment. Open up the apps again. This is supposed to be an open source platform. They just have to be as stringent as Apple with quality of apps. Look at Galaxy Watch and the quality of apps that it has. I've had mine for 2 years, and there are barely any 2 or 3 star apps. 4 and 5 star non existent. The combination of doing these things and fixing apps and app store quality is what would put Samsung back on top. Material You is pretty cool, but the system is still slowly locking up and app quality on the way down.
0 Likes
Options
Questions
The galaxy watch issue is why they are moving away from tizen, they can't get developer support

Completely deleting an application because an app because it's taking up a couple mbs of storage is kind of pointless now since they aren't offereing 16/32gb phones as a flagship.
If I don't use an app, like Samsung clock, I take its permissions and hide it from my app drawer. Yes I'm losing a couple of mb but between the 115gb built into the phone and my 256gb SD card it's not an issue.

But yes they are becoming more strict and they are claiming it's for security, and they are trying to prevent outburst again like stagefright.

Open source is more directed to anyone can use and modify it, as long as you follow googles guidelines.
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Questions
No need for overclocking with 12gb ram and the current processor. I have to try really hard for my phone to lag. Every visual and audio app I use on Max settings with enhanced processing on. Besides, they can tell if a device has been rooted or overclocked and just charge the person for a new phone
0 Likes
Options
Questions
I think the note 10 beta program last yr started in December. So i feel this yr Samsung was faster with the beta . The note 9 was around December too if im not mistaken.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Mayze ,

One UI Beta Program for Note 20 devices is only available for Samsung unlocked devices and is currently closed. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes