Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unlocked= No Love

(Topic created: 11-12-2023 07:20 AM)
Alix8821
Constellation
Options
Questions
Why get an unlocked phone, and beta test, to only see carrier-locked, non-testers get the final update first?
7 Replies
wackywood82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Right that's what I'm saying
Moosc
Nebula
Options
Questions
ask the carriers! we are testing for Samsung not the carriers. now that the update is stable carriers got to do there own testing and add their own ferry dust to it. if you're in such a hurry for stable why did you bother joining the beta. i wished they kept to Google's beta program and keep pushing out tweaks.
Res9999
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Makes no sense
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Questions
Imo, all beta testers should have received the official update first. 🤷
Options
Questions
From what many beta veterans have posted in these beta forums, we beta testers are LAST to receive the update to final stable. It's been that way for ages. So I assume it's going to be a while before any of us here get the stable update.
MarkChang
Halo
Options
Questions
Carrier models were also able to participate in the beta. A U model only has one carrier as the primary focus where the U1 non-carrier specific firmware requires the firmware to provide a great experience for all US carriers in one firmware. T-Mobile uses a lot of stock Android implementations for things like VoLTE, VoWiFi, and VoNR, so these features don't require much to get out of the way before bothering with the proprietary implementations specific to carriers like AT&T and Verizon.
0 Likes
Marv323
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Unlock never gets no love . This is like my 3rd or 4th beta and we're always the last ones to get the update. But I learned when we finally get the update it's usually the best one while everyone before us got the buggy stable version . But still it sucks getting it last even tho I know what I was getting myself into ... stay patient :beer_mug:
0 Likes