Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wi-Fi not working

(Topic created on: 10/8/20 6:18 PM)
DCdaniel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
My wifi doesn't seem to be able to localize any Wi-Fi signal, it's on, even with saved network it won't find them, I've tryed cleaning the Chache partion on the device it didn't work I've turn it off an on multiple times nothing, all I got left to do is a factory reset, I would like to avoid doing that is there any way to turn off the wifi or reboot that part of the OS on its own? 
0 Likes
4 Replies
DrFed
Comet
Options
Questions
that's strange. a factory reset seems like your best option. you can use Samsung Cloud to back up your text messages, home screen, system settings, call log, and even your apps. Google will back up your contacts, apps, photos. if you use Whatsapp, manually backup (to google drive I think) before resetting. all this will make the reset easier. familiarize yourself with these options and manually back up before you reset. good luck.
DCdaniel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I appreciate the message, yes I usually factory reset on the last beta update, but I just don't wanna go trought the work of setting up apps, logging back in some apps manually, adding my fingerprints, you know small things/settings we still most due manually here and there, I was truly not looking forward to having to do a full factory reset on the first beta software pushed to us, at the moment I don't need Wi-Fi I think I'll be good till they send a new patch to the software(if we based it upon previous betas maybe in a week or so) but I was truly hoping I could force close the Wi-Fi settings on the phone, but i don't know how not even sure if it's possible, maybe that will do the trick? Im still hopeful someone encounters the same issue I have and figure out how to fix it.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Please send us an error report with video recording as soon as issue is observed. You may try below to rest wifi settings to see if it helps. 

Search in settings for reset and select "reset network settings" options. 

Please note that resetting network also resets your bluetooth devices but this would be closest to resetting Wi-Fi with out doing a full factory reset. 

Regards

One Ui Beta Team

DCdaniel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Thank you so much, I send the video when I downloaded the beta and noticed the issue, but I followed your guidelines and it worked, now I have access to Wi-Fi again
0 Likes