Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Wifi calling on one ui beta broken?

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 11:54 AM)
PriyavadanKumar
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Anyone else has an issue where wifi calling doesn't work as expected ? People on the other line can't hear anything. If I call them through the phone network it's fine. 
11 Replies
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
No problem here. I assume the same wifi network worked ok with android 11?
0 Likes
PriyavadanKumar
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Yes it did. I turn off wifi calling and folks on the call can hear me again...

Debugged it to turning off microphone access to the Google Fi app , I am assuming that during a call the phone app as well as the Google Fi app both have microphone access and the new privacy settings in android12 probably don't like that...

After turning off microphone access for Google Fi, things work fine though now I am not sure if the call is on Wifi or Mobile network?
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Questions
When I revoke access to microphone for GoogleFi app, wifi calling is also not available. So My guess is you are calling through network.
PriyavadanKumar
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I do see the option to turn on wifi calling in Google Fi even after disabling microphone access...not really sure what's going on..
0 Likes
AlienX
Galaxy
Options
Questions
For me of I revoke mic access, I can't turn on wifi calling in Fi app. Definitely lot of bugs as expected in a beta.
PriyavadanKumar
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Agreed , hopefully a fix in the next update , how do I report this bug? (Though am sure someone else already has)
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @PriyavadanKumar  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program. Turning Off Wi-Fi calling is an workaround that worked for some of our participants on Google Fi.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PriyavadanKumar
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Done! Thanks!
0 Likes
usero1pXFGWY48
Constellation
Options