cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Will Beta updates appear as software updates?

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 12:43 AM)
Options
Questions
Just wondering if the beta updates will appear as regular software updates. I have auto updates disabled so I manually check on occasion. Can a admin please confirm? 
0 Likes
5 Replies
superboxman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Yes, when the next beta update is released, you can manually check for software updates to get the prompt to install it.
0 Likes
Options
Questions
Yes, Probably week by week
0 Likes
Options
Questions
The reason I'm asking is because there is a new setting that us Labeled (Galaxy system app auto update) separate from software updates. And I also turned that off. I like to know what is updated so I do it manually. Wondering if this will be included in a full software update or how to check this separately, manually. Screenshot_20210915-103745_Gallery_7189.jpg
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
Samsung will also post a message in the notices section and you should get a notification. Updates are commonly one per week or two.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @RobXbalboa ,

As @superboxman , @Claykin mentioned we will send out a notice when there is a new software update. Update has to be pulled in manually by you to update to newest software version. Galaxy system app auto update is for Samsung apps that are available on galaxy store like Samsung Internet Browser ,Smart things etc to automatically update. You will need to check these separately from software update as these apps usually roll out from Galaxy store before same version on store is part of software update.

Regards

One UI Beta Team