Did you mean: 

Original topic:

With Nav Bar "Gesture Hints" Disabled, the Swiping Detection Range is Too Low

(Topic created on: 12/11/20 4:46 PM)
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Title says it all, really.  I always use swipe gestures on my navigation bar, however, whenever I disable "Gesture Hints" it becomes nearly impossible to swipe up (and even more difficult to swipe up and hold for the app switcher to open).  It makes it more difficult because it only detects the swipe gestures at the very, very bottom of the screen with Gesture Hints disabled (like only the bottom five rows of pixels vs. using the bottom fifteen - twenty rows when Gesture Hints is still enabled).

Can you guys possibly raise the touch detection range a bit higher on the screen with Gesture Hints disabled? I wanna get rid of that dang white bar, but I don't want my swipe detection to slightly vanish =/. 

Anyone have any solutions? Or is Samsung gonna have to fix this odd (but easy to resolve) issue?
5 Replies
user9E3X8VG4PG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Completely agree!
KSal
Halo
Options
Questions
It's been like this since the first beta and reported multiple times and still hasn't been addressed. Sure hope it gets fixed before the final release. I hate having the hints on too
KingRecycle
Asteroid
Options
Questions
yeah it drives me insane. youtube is terrible with it. just end up changing videos
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Questions
I've posted about this multiple times and so have many others. I just made another post myself. Seems that our concerns and problems are falling on deaf ears.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to suggest us a change to an existing feature or a new feature to add, please leave a post in the Suggestions section with your ideas. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes