Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Withdraw and rollback to Android 11

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 05:29 AM)
Noodles
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Unfortunately I didn't do a backup of my phone to a computer before I installed the one ui beta. How difficult is it to rollback and what data/apps will I lose? Thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Why Withdraw?

beta3 is fairly stable

BTW, folks already answered your other "how to withdraw" post
0 Likes
Noodles
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I have apps not working that I like to use daily.
The answer posted was copy n pasted. My question is what will I lose as far as my data
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Gotcha - thanks.

I can't speak from experience, as I've never done a Withdraw.

However, if it were me in the situation, I'd backup to SmartSwitch anyway, and on top of that, backup to OneDrive and Google Drive. Then create an inventory of installed apps.

Execute the Withdraw in Members.
Factory Reset
Fire up SmartSwitch, plug in phone, select Downgrade.

Then, cross fingers and attempt to Restore any of the Backups.

There are more detailed / official "how to rollback" docs.
0 Likes
Noodles
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Okay thanks!
When do you think the official version will be released?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions

Well, based on past beta experience, plus what I've read in the media (take with a grain of salt on both points) just this morning ... prob late Nov / Dec
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Noodles ,

Rolling back to Android 11 is fairly Simple. You back up your data and Connect device to a PC with smart switch installed. You will be shown a down grade button and you should be able to go back to Android 11.  Rolling back has the same affect as a master reset of the device as device is flashed with Android 11 binary and all data on the device is lost. 

If certain apps are not working, it may be a good idea to reach out to the app developer and let them know of the issue as eventually your device will be upgraded to Android 12 official binary.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
rickog1
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I don't have a pc so I'm stuck with android 12 beta. Wish I can hard rest back to android 11
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
No PC?

Ask a friend, neighbor, family member, maybe check with the local library, bound to be someone out there with a machine šŸ™‚
0 Likes