Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

factory reset with beta?

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 07:45 PM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Questions
installing errors on top of errors seems to not work really well sometimes. I am wondering if a factory reset with the beta in place would help with any of the issues... kind of "shaking the rug" so to speak. 

it would be nice if Samsung could speak to this option's effect on beta stability. 

I don't mind trying the nuclear option, but it would be nice to know what one should expect or if it would work.

...and after all of the goofing around with the beta and if you reset with the beta and it's still terrible, is it at some point possible just to get back to a factory phone like you had when you bought it?

0 Likes
4 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I've read a post a week or so ago, where they state they do a Factory Reset after an update, which they claim helps.

I'll see if I can find the post
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Questions
JbeastmodeNote20 talked about it and Samsung replied:
Thank you for your tip. While a master reset would give a fresh start, it is often tedious for members as it could be a primary device they use on a daily basis with lot of data that may not have been backed up to a cloud. For this reason, we recommend a clear cache of the device first and only recommend master reset when user has so many issues that they want to leave beta as that would anyways require losing data.

that confuses me because they go on to talk about a rollback. I just want to factory reset beta 2.
I'm assuming if you just did a factory reset now it would load up beta 2?
that way I would have a clean beta 2 and I could add apps slowly and check to see if it's going to kill the internet or not or maybe it kills my internet without adding any apps.. that would be good to know too.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @MWS2022 ,

Factory resetting software would still keep you on beta 2 software. We meant that we generally recommend a factory reset only for users whose device is just unusable for them and they want to go back to Android 11. If user uses smartswitch to downgrade and go back to Android 11, they will lose data on device. So it makes sense for us to recommend user to master reset on Android 12 as user was prepared to lose data on device anyways. If master reset still doesn't help on Android 12, then can downgrade to Android 11 with smart switch.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

MWS2022
Comet
Options
Questions
thank you so much for the reply! the phone works and most things on my phone do work, but of course knocking out the entire internet in my house is a little bigger problem than fuzzy wallpaper. I continue to turn phone Wi-Fi on and off to make sure it's still causing failure after updates and resets and app cache clearings... and the Wi-Fi still fails. I am willing to wait longer as it does not affect most features of the phone as long as the Wi-Fi is off and doesn't crash my network. I do appreciate the clarification about factory resetting just in case it were to get so bad I would have to try that option. I saw several factory reset options discussed, but was unclear what just a factory reset would do in the current environment, but you have cleared that up, thank you!
0 Likes