Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

playstore apps not completing download?

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 11:35 AM)
the8month
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I'll start downloading an app in the app store, but it can never finish downloading - it gets stuck at different spots each time I try. I've wipe the cache on my phone, restarted it, force stopped and wiped data on the app store, and nothing is fixing the issue. Am I safe to assume I'm stuck with this issue on the beta until the official release at this point? 

10 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I've not read about this issue from anyone else. Do you have Wi-Fi and Data both on simultaneously? If yes, I'd turn off Data and try again
0 Likes
the8month
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Still didn't work šŸ˜ž thanks for the suggestion, though!!
0 Likes
MrG21
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I have the same issue and I've reported it to them
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Questions
Try clearing play store cache
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Questions
I agree, 1st close the app, go to settings and look for apps, open the Play Store then force stop the app, clear the cache then go back to the app drawer, reopen the app and try to update your apps again. You might even want to restart your device before you attempt to update/download apps in the Play Store.
0 Likes
the8month
Asteroid
Options
Questions
unfortunately, I've done all of that. it seems to work better when I'm on 5G data instead of 4G, but still has some issues downloading. I imagine it's just my phone being stupid honestly
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I've had it happen once, and the app in question picked up where it left off earlier in the day and completed downloading
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
Open the settings for your applications and then click on show all system apps, navigate to the download manager and click clear cache on both of the application's Screenshot_20211109-170516_Settings_1298.jpg
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Questions
I've seen this issue on occasion since Android 10. Based on my amateur troubleshooting, I found it occurred most frequently when I was either currently using wifi or wifi calling. For me, usually a reboot resolved the issue. When that didn't fix the issue, usually waiting a day and trying again fixed it. Definitely an odd issue.

GA tory defaulting the phone did not clear up the issue. It inevitably came back soon after.
0 Likes