Did you mean: 

Original topic:

"processing request mcm"

(Topic created on: 11/24/20 8:21 PM)
userhgGdd0mkwD
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Latest UI 3.0 firmware. Galaxy s20 5g . I keep seeing a pop up on the banner stating " processing request mcm..." Has anyone else been seeing this?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Questions
I've seen that before, last year when I upgrade Android 9 to Android 10 but forgot to do the Wipe Cache Partition part.
Try to Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode, I usually Wipe this Partition about 3 times after any software update just to be safe and never have any issues:thumbs_up:

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Solution
Options
Questions
I've seen that before, last year when I upgrade Android 9 to Android 10 but forgot to do the Wipe Cache Partition part.
Try to Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode, I usually Wipe this Partition about 3 times after any software update just to be safe and never have any issues:thumbs_up:

View solution in context

0 Likes
userhgGdd0mkwD
Astronaut
Options
Questions
is there any negative affect of doing this ?
0 Likes
Options
Questions
No negative, this it's meant just to clear the Cache of the Software system and clear memory of any corrupted files from previous firmware. Very safe as long you click only on the Wipe Cache Partition and not Wipe Data as this will restore phone to factory settings

clipboard_image_1606280042941.jpg

0 Likes
userhgGdd0mkwD
Astronaut
Options
Questions
this is the right information. so to clarify for anyone reading this. I have a galaxy S20 5G on Tmobile, purchased from Tmobile. after clearing the cache partition, the " processing request mcm" banner is gone. also worth noting after the reboot following the partition cache clearing, tmobile scam shield app came back on the phone after I had disabled the app ( it couldn't be removed bloatware) I was now able to delete it , phone is running super super smooth. my guess is, Tmobile and Samsung are not talking to one another when releasing software to discuss compatibility issues. Tmobile is def pushing out software that the galaxy s20 running UI. 3.0 def doesn't like. this seems to have helped the phones overall functionality will update after heavy use to confirm phone functionality as well as data issues that I've been having with Tmobile
0 Likes
Options
Questions
Good to know that your issue is gone, you should wipe this Partition every time you update the Firmware to delete any Data from previous Update and ensure compatibility on new Firmware :thumbs_up:
Kev93
Comet
Options
Questions
if you go to apps, and show system apps, you can stop mcm client from using background data and battery usage. force stop it too. doesn't affect normal functions. it's a carrier app
0 Likes
userhgGdd0mkwD
Astronaut
Options
Questions
what does said carrier app do?
0 Likes
Kev93
Comet
Options
Questions
from what I've been told it's to help optimization from your carrier but honestly these carriers just put more apps in than "optimize" like how they added sprints carrier hub to us tmobile customers without permission.
Wolfenfurk
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Sprint is owned by Tmobile. As a matter fact, Sprint officially doesn't exist anymore.