JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

what to do once 4.0 is stable?

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 12:31 PM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Once the stable/final 4.0 is released, is there any value in performing a factory reset on the phone (assuming it's been in the beta)? clear cache partition? (This is my first beta rodeo, so just trying to anticipate best practices coming out the other side.)
JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
Duper00
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
In my experience even though not recommended by Beta Team a reset is overall best. Maybe it's a placebo effect but it seems in some of my previous beta experiences that my phone has a few minor not major issues and Tweeks that once I do the full reset go away. I'm sure android changes over the years has made this much smoother but I'll do the reset and recommend. Even though it's a PITA. šŸ˜”
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
PITA indeed. I was curious about the different recommendations I might receive for my question. We'll see how well my device is playing with the final before I pull any trigger.
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Questions
when I worked for vzw in a corporate store, they would push it in early android updates, but I have had little poor performance to support that.
like others said, only if stable proves unstable, but definitely clear cache.
ChevyMan1
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I always do a factory reset after an OS upgrade. It always seems that if I don't, things go wonky. Key. So I always do one anyway and I seem to have less issues that way. I know some don't, but it's just my personal preference as it seems to run better that way