Original topic:

1.44 GB update

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 07:28 AM)
uservDmEsEJbik
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I keep getting a message saying that it wants to update my phone. Samsung A10 E .

The update is almost 1.5GB 

That's a lot of videos and pictures and I do not want to lose the space due to a stupid update that I do not want.

Reasonable updates that are about 150 MB are okay any updates bigger than that I would figure are extremely bad company policy I mean your phone reboots and you have no memory left and then it forces you to buy a new phone I see it as a scam to sell phones on top of the update includes stuff that I don't even use like Samsung One UI t

Screenshot_20211014-072601_Software update.jpg

That I have replaced with a paid version of Nova launcher ( a much better UI and it allows me to disable and hide icons that I cannot uninstall such as the Samsung app store and other Samsung bloatware).

Ideally I would like to disable the automatic updates or permanently break the automatic updater program and save the 1.5 gigs for useful information...

6 Replies
SamD98
Constellation
Options
It almost certainly will not take up an additional 1.5GB, it will likely just replace that much of the current operating system.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
That is not going to affect your device, please upgrade your phone it will provide you with new features and security patches
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
I've never seem someone upset about getting an update to the next version of Android.
uservDmEsEJbik
Constellation
Options

i dont want Samsung UI its the worst i have Nova Launcher i paid for it so  if i do get the update it wont even matter to me because i dont use that program and if i could remove Samsung UI i whould but my phone **bleep** and its locked by Straight Talk so i have be tricky and figure out ways to get around that to make my phone work the way i want it with all my aps working you know.

0 Likes
Whatsinth3box
Galaxy
Options
🙄
0 Likes
b1gd4ddyx
Astronaut
Options
The intelligent thing to do would be backup the data, i.e photos and videos, and then update. Samsung switch does an amazing job of backing up to PC or Google photos will sync things to the cloud. More important than the One UI update is the security update within the update being pushed.
0 Likes