cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Addressing Fraud!!! Does anyone answer the phone at Samsung Financing?

I received a statement in the mail today from Samsung Financing.  Apparently, someone applied for credit under my name and purchased 3 Galaxy Z Flip phones and signed up for Premium Care.  I've learned that they logged in through a Guest Account to place the order on samsung.com.

Anyway, I'm trying to get this issued cleared up.  Samsung keeps directing me to Samsung Financing, because they cannot access Guest Account details.  I've called Samsung Financing three times today; the bot puts me on hold to talk to a person and then.... nothing but elevator music for an hour.  Then the line disconnects.

Has anyone ever talked to a live person at Samsung Financing?  Does Samsung have a fraud department that can help?  

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Addressing Fraud!!! Does anyone answer the phone at Samsung Financing?

It is going to be hader than usual to get support because people are away from call centers due to the virus. But what they did was a crime, so try contacting the authorities.
Highlighted
Astronaut

try contacting credit bureaus hopefully they can help remove that from your credit
Highlighted
Astronaut

ues
Highlighted
Constellation

First, please be informed that Samsung doesn't know your information when placing an order(common sense). 
Second, there's a possibility that someone knew your email and used it for prank purchase. 
Third, check your credit account if there's any deductions from Samsung Shop Online. 
Fourth, if there's a deduction from (Third). Contact Samsung US support for order cancellation. If none, its either change or update your email address(don't share your email address). 

Fourth will be the possible resolution for your inquiry since I've also experienced this one from one of the scammers. Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Wow!!! Ok, I don't know if this will help but I believe TD Bank is the bank for Samsung Financing, so maybe reaching out to their customer support for credit lines? I'm just trying to figure out how to help with this..... Now, I don't understand how Samsung can not shutdown those phones and blacklist them so these theives can't use them and cancel the premium care? I get they were purchased under a guest account, but that information has to be linked to your financing account somehow, right? I'd keep calling and request to speak to a supervisor, talk to someone from order support. There has to be a way to find these people and these phones. So sorry this happened to you 😞

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!