Original topic:

Administrative permission hijack Samsung secure folder

(Topic created on: 2/27/21 4:58 PM)
userouz5IJWNUa
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently noticed that my preinstalled Samsung Secure Folder  has administrative control of my phone. I find this extremely odd as I have never agreed to giving it said permission. I've tried everything that I can think of or find online to remedy this to no avail. I'm old enough to know that I don't know everything, especially when it comes to most things tech. Is there anyone who's had this problem? Or maybe helped someone fix this problem? I'd be forever grateful if someone would give me a solution to this problem. 

Anyway, thanks to all who read this. I appreciate your time. 

3 Replies
Options
Try settings > special access > device admin apps. See if there's an option to turn it off.
userouz5IJWNUa
Constellation
Options

Thanks man I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know. I appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Options
no it only seems that way here's why... your secure folder is the default "main user" for your phone and all settings and things selected or defaulted to while inside your secure folder will show up as showing administrator access and control when your outside your secure folder. There are things you can do, change, set to fix this if you can't get it to turn off from inside the secure folder or by turning the folder off.
0 Likes