Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-09-2020 08:42 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
Santor327
Asteroid
Options

I have an S10 and just got that update. It's really annoying. I used to love Samsung Music and still use it to listen to all of my music, but I'll probably switch to something else if I can't get rid of the ads. It's a nice app that I've never had any issues with, but the ads are, like you said, completely unacceptable and I highly doubt there's any way to remove them short of rooting your phone, which you shouldn't have to do...

userqoqxgsgwkN
Astronaut
Options

I 100% agree with you i have an s10 myself and to me it makes samsung look like a sell out... 

Santor327
Asteroid
Options

Update: switched to musicolet. It's not as nice as Samsung Music was but it's a really light app.

Samsung_yYdSR8O
Astronaut
Options

I cannot stand anymore of these ads popping up constantly. Please tell me what to do about them. I block each one but they keep coming.

userK6dOYIm87Z
Constellation
Options

Fr! Been a Samasung Music user since S7. Lightweight, easy to navigate but these ads just ruined it

xbuffaloalix
Asteroid
Options

I will no longer support Samsung if they keep up with this intrusive behavior by putting ads in their own apps(especiallythe apps I use most), I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future other than Samsung because of this. 😞

userqIvbZQtPEb
Constellation
Options

how can we reach samsung to complain about those new ads on samsung music. Im not glad im not the only one very upset with samsung makes me just want to get iphone for itunes

Joshswingin
Constellation
Options

I'll stop using it too, why have ads to make more money while  simultaneously creating a less attractive and poorer user experience. I hope you guys change this

Solution
usertrU0Q9DK9g
Constellation
Options

i had the same issue. I was able to remove it by going into the settings. 

Go to settings-go to google settings-go to ads-click on opt out for ads and is done.