I recently recieved the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unaccepatble for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to dissable these ads?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Samsung got greedy and became douchbags. All they care about now is money. Look at the issues the S20 line of phones is having. Samsung is the new EA games of loot boxes. Samsung will be known for loot boxes of ads.
Your phone app? Can you share a screenshot by any chance? I know some Samsung apps have limited ads in them, and yes people are annoyed by them, and I don't disagree, but I definitely don't have anything in my phone app. It might be a third party app causing the issue for you.
Samsung health, the weather app, Bixby home, and the galaxy store all contain embedded ads. I did not check the marketing boxes on setup, though that seems to only affect the customization of the ads and not stop them.
Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?
Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.
Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!