JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 01-10-2020 12:57 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

Samsung got greedy and became douchbags. All they care about now is money. Look at the issues the S20 line of phones is having. Samsung is the new EA games of loot boxes. Samsung will be known for loot boxes of ads.

userilWm6URGv3
Cosmic Ray
Options

Can you please stop flooding my $1400 phone with ads? It's getting ridiculous.

S20-Ultra
Galaxy
Options

Install an adblocker like everyone else?

GalaxyReplica
Asteroid
Options

Why am I seeing ads on my weather app the same thing goes with the Phone app why am I seeing ads 😑?

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@GalaxyReplica 

Your phone app? Can you share a screenshot by any chance? I know some Samsung apps have limited ads in them, and yes people are annoyed by them, and I don't disagree, but I definitely don't have anything in my phone app. It might be a third party app causing the issue for you.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userziT82XgULg
Asteroid
Options

Samsung health, the weather app, Bixby home, and the galaxy store all contain embedded ads. I did not check the marketing boxes on setup, though that seems to only affect the customization of the ads and not stop them.

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

userdqLHG6e61D
Asteroid
Options

Sorry, this suggestion does not address Samsung built-in ads. They are purposely incorporated by Samsung in Samsung apps. 

0 Likes
userziT82XgULg
Asteroid
Options

Unfortunately it does. They seem to be ads for samsung products or items in the galaxy store

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

If the ads still appear in safe mode, then that will be a Samsung thing. There is no way to remove those.