JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 04-10-2020 08:54 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userNDFmfm9vvQ
Asteroid
Options

Yeah. This is 100% unacceptable and someone needs to be fired. Also, why can I still not search my albums by alphabet, you know, like I can for songs and bands...

userCNqOvp1lFK
Asteroid
Options

These ads are very suggestive. The ads used to be fine by the games they have been advertising for are much more inappropriate

userCNqOvp1lFK
Asteroid
Options

I can't seem to post an image but it says "seductive waifu" then links to Destiny Child in Google play. Not what I need around others. If you search that term it's not safe for work by the way or under 18 crowd. Which is why I can't use it on public. It's the ads that are located on the "Pay" screen at the top

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Try opening Samsung Pay, going to the settings and disabling the Marketing option. 

0 Likes
userCNqOvp1lFK
Asteroid
Options

Marketing is already off.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Do you get the ads while booted in safe mode? 

0 Likes
userCNqOvp1lFK
Asteroid
Options

The ads are part of Samsung pay as indicated by their description on Google play. Yes they do. And no its not a 3rd party app that's causing it

user112Ym4gRhd
Astronaut
Options

I have a galaxy s20+ and am disappointed to see Samsung push ads through their aps to flagship devices. I don't appreciate this creepy behavior from Samsung. 

BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

How do you remove ads, simple just buy a phone from a different brand who doesn't pull dirtbag moves like this.

userdqLHG6e61D
Asteroid
Options

Just wanted to make sure this forum is aware of Samsung owners' disgruntlement with the ads littering Samsung stock apps (Weather, Music, etc.). My hope is that I speak for the community when I say it is unacceptable to not have an ad-free experience on $1,000+ Samsung flagship phones. Inevitably, users will move away to competitors.