JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-12-2020 07:18 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

Ad has information that states its from Samsung. Its funny that they are advertising to me to buy S20 ultra in default weather app on my s20 ultra...

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

I'm not able to find attach image in Samsung Memebers app.

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

How do I attach image in this post?

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options

Attaching a screenshot will need to be done from a browser. There should an icon of an image to upload a picture,

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

See on top ad for Galaxy s20 ultra.See on top ad for Galaxy s20 ultra.

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

Open above image and you will see ad on the top. $1500 phone is acting like a cheap Chinese phone with adwares is extremely disappointing!

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

You may not be able to find fix for this as your leadership at Samsung has decided to put ads in defualy apps in premium phones. I would rather buy iPhone next time with no Ads when I pay that much for a phone. It's like buying a BMW and seeing ads on its console.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Ads are a very frustrating thing to deal with. The following article offers some helpful tips for getting rid of them. Many times it is a matter of opening the apps where you are seeing the ads and adjusting or turning off the customization settings for the apps. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084783/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

Did you see image I posted? The article you sent me has nothing to do with I am pointing out. I have already opted out in privacy settings for ads and customization service. 

I am not the only one complaining.  Look at following reddit thread.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/dnvn6p/wtf_samsung_ads_in_the_weather_app_now/

0 Likes
Jaenalfonso0
Constellation
Options

Why are there even any adds at all on a 1000$ dollar phone?!

I can understand from Amazon tablets or some BLU phones, but first they give you THE OPTION to have adds, they give you a CHEAP price just for the phone, its a cheap phone, PLUS you get an extra discount if YOU decide to have ads. A 1000$ dollar phone DOESNT NEED ADS. It is a premium device that should never have ads, you are not given either the option, or a lower price for your device for running ads on STOCK apps on your phone.

GET EVERY SINGLE ADD OUT OF OUR STOCK APPS.