cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Ads in Samsung Music

Yeah. This is 100% unacceptable and someone needs to be fired. Also, why can I still not search my albums by alphabet, you know, like I can for songs and bands...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Those settings only let  you turn off ad PERSONALIZATION, not the ads themselves.  You'll still get ads, and I didn't spend nearly $1K for this phone to be constantly bombarded with ads.  iPhone is starting to become a little more attractive.  Samsung is going to lose a lot of long time customers if they don't straighten up their act, and pretty soon.

Highlighted
Constellation

Your are the savior! This works!

Highlighted
Constellation

This let me opt out of personalizing the ads, but the ads are still there for me. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I initially had the same issue. However, I closed and restarted the Samsung music app and the setting took effect.

Highlighted

me too!

Matthew
Highlighted
Asteroid

This didn't work. You see they say you will not receive personalized ads, but will still be advertised to. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for posting this. I hadn't thought of looking at 'google settings' for this switch. Disabling the personalized ads did the trick!

Highlighted
Astronaut

That only lets you opt out of ad personalization. It says you'll still get ads, but they won't be based on your interests

Highlighted
Asteroid

That just opts out of ad personalization.  I opted out of that and still get ads.