JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-15-2020 08:34 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

Yup me too. When you paid 1400 dollars for a flagship phone you shouldn't be getting ads in the built in aps. Sorry Samsung but you went way too far being the loot boxes of apps. You have now become the EA of apps.

CaptainDuck
Asteroid
Options

That's right, with the latest update to the Samsung Music app listeners now have to endure the frustration brought upon them by the menacing ads. While not aggressive or oversaturated in the Samsung Music app it's enough to make hundreds of people drop their 5 star reviews to 1 star reviews. Users want to make it known that they are not okay with the installment of ads to their services that come pre installed on their phones. Many consumers are accusing Samsung of being greedy, pointing to the fact that they paid $1,000+ for their phone but have ads on pre installed apps designed specifically for theit Samsung devices. So what do you think about Samsung music putting ads in their app?

braddhill77
Astronaut
Options

They've got ads on the weather app now too.

userkozJvNLHd8
Constellation
Options

Apps with ads: Phone, Music, Weather, Galaxy Apps, Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay, and probably more I'm missing.  Absolutely ridiculous.

usernWYWhtEURO
Constellation
Options

I find it completely stupid that a built in, pre installed app would have ads in it.

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

I think whoever made this decision needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY. The level of stupidity it took to reach the conclusion people would be okay with this is unforgivable, and unworthy of a second chance.

Azurezsky
Constellation
Options

Seems like the post I made a few days back got deleted but samsung has crossed the line on these ads HONESTLY ? there shouldn't be an option there it should never even be an adHONESTLY ? there shouldn't be an option there it should never even be an ad

Screenshot_20200610-120733_Samsung Music.jpg

BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

This S10+ that I paid 1400 dollars for will probably be my last Samsung device. My next upgrade i will be looking at other brands. Hate to say it but for Samsung to now put ads on everything is just crossing the line.

iCow
Cosmic Ray
Options

I have been using samsung music for almost 3-4 years and i love it. It is simple to use and easy to navigate, but the update implemented the other day is rediculous. No "flagship" phones app should be intruded by ads. This is rediculous. Myself and many others are calling for samsung to remove this. If not, it may be time for us to find another app.

uservSVPs1LYpf
Constellation
Options

Yes I also find these ads to be intrusive and very annoying. I end up pressing these ads more times than I press the correct track