Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-16-2020 10:14 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

LoL Samsung removed my post here. Samsung has really hit rock bottom. Spend 1400 dollars on a flagship phone and you just paid Samsung for a ton of ad infested apps

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

Some of the reviews this app is getting on the Play Store are epic. "Loot boxes for songs," "Samsung is the EA Games for songs" Smiley LOL

CaptainDuck
Asteroid
Options

After Samsung put ads in Samsung music, Samsung health, Bixby, weather app, and more I am officially done. I tried to fight it, I reached out I posted YouTube videos I wrote reviews but Samsung won't change their mind. My next phone will be an apple or literally anything other than Samsung. I've been ride or die with Samsung since the s7 but this level of intrusiveness is just not worth putting up with when there are better options.

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

Yup. They're losing me too. Been watching reviews of a Japanese competitor phone which seems to have amazing photography chops...and no ads in their apps. Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with the Note10+, and how well my Galaxy watches will work with that other phone. 

But yeah...Samsung went too far. I'll be losing all my Galaxy Store purchases, but it'll be worth it.

userdKc38wPQoo
Constellation
Options

Who's great idea was it to put ads in my music player?!Screenshot_20200615-211939_Samsung Music.jpg

userlOb64tHSjB
Astronaut
Options

I bought a Galaxy S1, an S3, an S6, and now an S10. I cannot believe that they would push ads on me after giving them so many years and so many thousands of dollars. Any time I try to play the first track in a playlist, IT SUDDENLY BECOMES AN AD!!! 

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! 

I will be removing these ads by no longer buying ANYTHING with the Samsung name on it. This is a betrayal of trust and an invasion of privacy. 

userL2kTG4MXi8
Constellation
Options

I called and messaged support. Both agents played dumb and said they "have never heard of that issue" and the guy at the mobile apps and service center just straight hung up on me after wanting me to delete the app's cashe.  I told the message center agent that it is not ok to send me these ads and that I will nolonger purchase Samsung products. This adpocolypse is getting out of hand.

userTHkGUalK3X
Constellation
Options

For things like this makes want to switch to Apple. This is unacceptable for me

userNpskV5bIbv
Constellation
Options

It appears to be caused by the new spotify integration for me. I went into settings in app, manage tabs, and then turned off spotify tab and so far havent seen an ad in app for two or three days. But I also only use the app for an hour a day or so. 

userNihrsz7mG5
Astronaut
Options

I just turned off Spotify. Force closed the app and emptied the cache and the ads are still there.

This is ridiculous.