Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-17-2020 05:52 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userF9vMffNHLK
Constellation
Options

I did the same thing, but one or two days after removing the Spodify integration (that was annoying enough) I literally see ads pop up and replace the first song on the list. I don't know if it is a coincidence (I'm assuming it was), or if it was because I removed the Spodify integration.

0 Likes
userdui0GvWYzQ
Astronaut
Options

I too saw this after the latest update to Samsung Music.  I don't need to stream music or see an ad about it when I have music I'm already listening to on my phone, especially when there are apps designed specifically for that.  I have an S9+, and was considering the S20, but if this is the way Samsung is going, I'm going to seriously consider other options.

Valce
Constellation
Options

If you're looking for a free equivilant that doesn't have ads, check out Pulsar. Closest thing to the original as I've found so far.

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

One workaround: Turn off auto-update for apps in both the Play and Galaxy Stores. Go to SamMobile website, to their Downloads tab. Search for "Music" app, and download the .19 version (last without ads). Install. Enjoy.

I'm still ditching Samsung as a result of what they've done though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

i don't get ads except pop up ads

0 Likes
user711NahH9VX
Constellation
Options

Really appreciate the information, bro.

userU1AT3sWvVG
Constellation
Options

Wow, thank you!

0 Likes
usereUmp2LbdOK
Astronaut
Options

TheRabbi,  Hi there,

I've been reading thru the  'ads on Samsung music app'  thread and your advice makes a lot of sense to me.    Just had a new battery installed in my S8 and it was reset to factory settings,  I got quite a shock when I reinstalled samsung music app,  they spoilt a beautiful app!   

I bought my phone two years ago and always dismissed samsung music updates as I was really happy with the way it was.

I went to SamMobile website as you suggested and clicked on the app for 2 years ago,  which was probably the version that I installed when I bought my phone.    When I clicked on it to download, a pop up informed me that my phone could be damaged from installing the app,  words to that effect anyway.   I'd really appreciate your thoughts on the subject mate,  would you happen to know if downloading it could damage my phone,  or if it's a bit of a scare tactic?   

All the best to you where ever you are,   Taj from Downunder.

0 Likes
regalroyals
Constellation
Options

I downloaded NetGuard, which allows you to remove internet connectivity from apps individually, to remove the ads. Sharing to others as a workaround to Samsung's poor decision making. 

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

Looks like Samsung has hired an Indian bot company to bomb the Play Store with 5-star reviews in an effort to offset the legitimate 1-star reviews. Pathetic.