Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-18-2020 06:23 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userVJvjYNTQLb
Astronaut
Options

I agree with many of the other commenters here in that if Samsung is going to start injecting ads into the apps on flagship-level phones this will be the last Samsung phone I ever own.  SAMSUNG, DO YOU HEAR YOUR OWN USER BASE? These ads are unacceptable!

userrGJX03fld9
Constellation
Options

I agree with everyone on here. As if Samsung doesn't make enough money. I have uninstalled Samsung music and started using VLC player for my music. I'm glad I did. VLC has much more options then Samsung ever did. An the best part. No ads!! 

I might be switching cellphone manufacturers if Samsung keeps this up. I have liked Sony's Xperia line lately. They have some good phones. 

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

Android Police just posted a scathing article on this issue. Written by Max Weinbach himself. 

GeekyGamer
Constellation
Options

So recently I decided to play some music from the Samsung Music App that you can download from the galaxy store or google play. And before it was all great, no problems whatsoever. But then today when I used the app to play some music there was an ad..... Has anyone else got ads on Samsung Music? Why is Samsung putting ads on their music app? I didnt connect any services with the app and I play all my offline music through there. Never have I seen an ad till now so I mean what's up with that?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

Are you kidding me!? I have to suffer through pop-up ads now to listen to MY OWN music? This was one of my favorite apps to listen to my music library since there wasn't any streaming ads shoved in my face. I didn't even agree to this update and this is one of many "updates" that have brought my view of Samsung to a new low. I will not be buying another Samsung phone in the future and I will be deleting this app. Thank you Samsung, for making my life worse everytime I use my phone.

BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

I was going to get the new Note 20 Ultra this fall for my upgrade but after this let's inject ads into our apps and other issues that Samsung tries to sweep under the rug I am now looking at "other" phone manufacturers to purchase. Samsung has turned into the EA of cell phones. Aka loot boxes for ads.

Roge717
Cosmic Ray
Options

Its a crime for Samsung doing this garbage especially when paying over 1.5k on their flagship phones. My next phone most likely wont be Samsung if this keeps up.

user9LuTkoVIjs
Constellation
Options

There is now ads all over US Samsung devices, including even pop-up ads in apps like Samsung music. This is insulting to customers who have spent money on an already overpriced device. This needs to stop. 

Scallywag
Constellation
Options

You have to sideload the old version from the internet, not the play or galaxy store. Mine is currently ad free by using the previous version.

0 Likes
userNDFmfm9vvQ
Asteroid
Options

As if the ads in your song list wasn't bad enough, now I get BEYOND INTRUSIVE pop ups that pop up every time I launch the app. That is unless I click for it to take a 7 day break. Been with Samsung since the Note 3. GOODBYE SAMSUNG. You are truly despicable. This is way past unacceptable...Screenshot_20200616-100033_Samsung Music.jpg