Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-26-2020 08:05 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userTvb1xm6yJl
Asteroid
Options

@TheRabbi wrote:

Looks like Samsung has hired an Indian bot company to bomb the Play Store with 5-star reviews in an effort to offset the legitimate 1-star reviews. Pathetic.

Wow

0 Likes
userTQZn5diflD
Constellation
Options

Wow. They deleted my post. I am a customer with a legitimate complaint...

Anyway, get an ap called Pulsar. It is pretty much the same as Samsung Music, but without the ads. There are a bunch of people in their reviews who came from Samsung Music. I've used it for a day now and I am very pleased with it.

Now to figure out what to do when I upgrade to a new phone...

userG987DCipfa
Constellation
Options

I've tried the other suggestions in removing the ads with no luck.

I removed them by uninstalling Samsung Music and installing an apk from this site ( https://samsung-electronics-co-ltd-samsung-music.en.uptodown.com/android/versions )

userG987DCipfa
Constellation
Options

I have taken the time to go through and find the best version to use. 

16.2.14.15 is the newest version that not only does not have ads, but also does not give you pop ups saying you need to update. It looks slightly less modern at this version, but it is still really nice to use.

Lego
Constellation
Options

16.2.21.6  From January 2, 2020 worked for me

0 Likes
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options

Yes just checked the Google play store and Samsung did in fact remove a ton of 1 star ratings. Just another dirtbag move by Samsung and another reason that it is time to switch brands.

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

While you're in the Play Store, make sure you hit "No" in answer to "Was this review helpful" on every five star review. First, you'll notice they actually aren't. Second, it'll help Google's algorithm bury those reviews. Even better: report them as the canned breakfast meat that they are.

Lego
Constellation
Options

Found a way. I know it may seem petty to do all this, but Samsung ain't gonna dictate what I use or stop using just because they got greedy.

Galaxy Store>Menu*>Settings>Auto Update Apps>Never>Play Store>Samsung Music>Menu**>Enable Auto Update>Disable>Uninstall>Google>Samsung Music Apkmirror>Samsung Music 16.2.21.6 January 2, 2020>Download>Install>Play Store>Samsung Music>Menu> Verify Auto Update is Disabled.
*3 line stack (hamburger style) menu
**3 dots within the app menu

userNDFmfm9vvQ
Asteroid
Options

How DARE Samsung try to monetize MY MUSIC THAT I CREATED AND OWN that I have on this. I am pretty sure that's illegal. Samsung is DESPICABLE. 

Yellow_River
Asteroid
Options

This ridiculous act of embedding ads by Samsung needs to strongly condemned.  Shame on you, Samsung!

I should have visited the Community to seek information before rushing to action. I ended up factory-resetting the phone, thinking it was compromised. I have my credit/debit cards registered for Samsung Pay.

Wiping the phone wasn’t totally thought through (cry…). I did a full backup (using Samsung SmartSwitch app) before wiping. Upon restoring the backup, I notice WeChat data was missing. Apparently, WeChat is excluded by SmartSwitch, and WeChat has to use its own backup mechanism. I lost more than one year worth of WeChat communications with family members and friends.