JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 07-01-2020 05:48 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userziT82XgULg
Asteroid
Options

Right, exactly. Here's one on the Bixby home https://photos.app.goo.gl/LVsSUn3Jd2mH8PjA7 .  The question is why are there ads on a 1.1k phone?  Can you please pass along feedback that this kind of stinks. It would be nice if samsung copied apple's ad free experience in the main UI functions.

userDf4fTbYUmv
Constellation
Options

Hello everyone,

I have the SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10+ and I am getting intrusive message ads on my lock screen (screenshot attached). Worth noting is the screen will stay on indefinitely once I receive one of these message ads.

I attempted to turn off notifications through the messaging app as well as through settings, but that did not solve the issue. I also deleted a lot of apps and checked my recently used apps, also to no avail.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

screenshot.jpeg

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hello,

What type of ad messages are you receiving? Are you receiving them in your text messages? Have you tried contacting your carrier to see if they have any options for you?

0 Likes
userDf4fTbYUmv
Constellation
Options

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by "type of ad messages". They seem to be local ads. I am not receiving them in my text messages. I contacted my carrier and asked them to disable ads and they claim to have done so.

0 Likes
userlgX9s2UzV5
Constellation
Options

I don't like the fact that ads are popping up on my phone

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

Hey there.

In regards to your ad popups, do you notice the ads when you're using a certain application?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user22GtuDn66d
Astronaut
Options

I saw the same thing. I am not happy about this and am considering other devices as an option. I've never been more dissatisfied with a product and company that is this intrusive. 

Options

Since the last update of the samsung music app in the playlist there is adds this is ridiculous!!!!!

0 Likes
TeeGR
Constellation
Options
I just wanted to raise my concerns and see if Samsung has an offcial response in regards to putting advertisements in stock apps such as Samsung Music and Weather app. Why are you so disrespectful towards your paying customers? 

This is not ok. I was looking forward to the new Note and I am due an upgrade but seeing this type of behavior makes me very hesitant to spend money on such device and get bombarded with apps when I try to do something. 

Jstanley417
Asteroid
Options

Samsung has lost their minds! Now in these $1k and up phones, not only did they take the 3.5mm jack away, we have ads in Samsung aps now. Been a Samsung customer since back in flip phone days and this is getting too much. I get that "it's only a small banner at the top..no big deal", but what's next? Lock screen ads? Ads in the dialer? Have to watch ads to use the phone? I'm done...