cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Why are there embedded ads on an $1100 phone?

Sorry, this suggestion does not address Samsung built-in ads. They are purposely incorporated by Samsung in Samsung apps. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately it does. They seem to be ads for samsung products or items in the galaxy store

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the ads still appear in safe mode, then that will be a Samsung thing. There is no way to remove those.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Right, exactly. Here's one on the Bixby home https://photos.app.goo.gl/LVsSUn3Jd2mH8PjA7 .  The question is why are there ads on a 1.1k phone?  Can you please pass along feedback that this kind of stinks. It would be nice if samsung copied apple's ad free experience in the main UI functions.

Highlighted
Constellation

Lock screen message ads

Hello everyone,

I have the SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10+ and I am getting intrusive message ads on my lock screen (screenshot attached). Worth noting is the screen will stay on indefinitely once I receive one of these message ads.

I attempted to turn off notifications through the messaging app as well as through settings, but that did not solve the issue. I also deleted a lot of apps and checked my recently used apps, also to no avail.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

screenshot.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lock screen message ads

Hello,

What type of ad messages are you receiving? Are you receiving them in your text messages? Have you tried contacting your carrier to see if they have any options for you?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Lock screen message ads

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean by "type of ad messages". They seem to be local ads. I am not receiving them in my text messages. I contacted my carrier and asked them to disable ads and they claim to have done so.

Highlighted
Constellation

No more ads Samsung

I don't like the fact that ads are popping up on my phone

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No more ads Samsung

Hey there.

In regards to your ad popups, do you notice the ads when you're using a certain application?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ads in Samsung Music

I saw the same thing. I am not happy about this and am considering other devices as an option. I've never been more dissatisfied with a product and company that is this intrusive.