Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 07-03-2020 11:07 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userF9qF3zJX5l
Cosmic Ray
Options

Most likely this will be my very last Samsung product. It appears that Samsung has become more interested in selling advertisements then customer satisfaction every Samsung app now has ads including the weather. It seems to be that customer satisfaction has gone by the way side and is no longer a priority.

user9tlUqSYEA8
Constellation
Options

Samsung really should work on fixing the ads on their smartphones. Would really appreciate that. 

And also the battery longevity. I had to use a solar generator to juice up my phone https://generatorswift.com/best-solar-generator-2020-complete-buyers-guide/

0 Likes
Odjobb
Asteroid
Options

Seriously. Samsung better start paying us to watch these ads if they're going to put them into a product we already paid for! Samsung galaxy note 9. All the bells and whistles...and now they throw ads at me in the June 20th 2020 update. will not buy another samsung product if this is how they're going to start rolling 

0 Likes
GaryEarthling
Astronaut
Options

Is there any built-in way to disable the ads in Bixby Home? Screenshot below. Did some Googling and it appears others are complaining as well.

There are ADS in Bixby Home! - Reddit 

Another reason to hate Bixby (ads in Bixby Home) - Reddit 

Samsung is spa**ing its own users with ads  (added stars to be able to post)

Others have mentioned software that completely removes Samsung software from the phone but I'd prefer to keep it if I can.

Things I tried:

(1) Turned off “Get news and special offers” in Bixby Home > Samsung Account > Privacy

(2) Turned off “Customized ads and direct marketing” in Bixby Home > Customization Service

(3) Disabled the game card in Bixby Home > Cards

screenshot.jpg

0 Likes
Santor327
Asteroid
Options

I got the Game Launcher update today, now there's 2 huge ads as soon as you open the app. It's completely unacceptable on my flagship S10. First Samsung put ads on Samsung Music like 2 weeks ago, now Game Launcher. There's no Samsung app that doesn't have ads now and it's so annoying. I used to love Samsung but now I am definitely never buying another Samsung product.

Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
I totally agree with you, it's despicable, other companies don't enforce that kind of behavior on their customer. Samsung just lost 2 loyal customers.
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

I am getting adds in apps like weather in a premium phone I paid $1500. This is really disappointing. Any way to disable that? I was hoping $5 weather app would be free with a $1500 phone?

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options

Do you still experience this when the device is in safe mode? Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Zee_Raja
Constellation
Options

No safe mode doesn't help add has info and states its from Samsung. I can send you image.

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options

If you can send a screenshot I'd be more than happy to look into your concerns. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes