cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: GALAXY S20 ultra adds in apps?

Ads are a very frustrating thing to deal with. The following article offers some helpful tips for getting rid of them. Many times it is a matter of opening the apps where you are seeing the ads and adjusting or turning off the customization settings for the apps. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084783/

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: GALAXY S20 ultra adds in apps?

Did you see image I posted? The article you sent me has nothing to do with I am pointing out. I have already opted out in privacy settings for ads and customization service. 

I am not the only one complaining.  Look at following reddit thread.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/dnvn6p/wtf_samsung_ads_in_the_weather_app_now/

Highlighted
Constellation

Ads

Why are there even any adds at all on a 1000$ dollar phone?!

I can understand from Amazon tablets or some BLU phones, but first they give you THE OPTION to have adds, they give you a CHEAP price just for the phone, its a cheap phone, PLUS you get an extra discount if YOU decide to have ads. A 1000$ dollar phone DOESNT NEED ADS. It is a premium device that should never have ads, you are not given either the option, or a lower price for your device for running ads on STOCK apps on your phone.

GET EVERY SINGLE ADD OUT OF OUR STOCK APPS.

Highlighted

Re: Ads

Samsung got greedy and became douchbags. All they care about now is money. Look at the issues the S20 line of phones is having. Samsung is the new EA games of loot boxes. Samsung will be known for loot boxes of ads.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Can you please stop flooding my $1400 phone with ads?

Can you please stop flooding my $1400 phone with ads? It's getting ridiculous.

Highlighted

Re: Can you please stop flooding my $1400 phone with ads?

Install an adblocker like everyone else?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ads on my Galaxy S20 Ultra

Why am I seeing ads on my weather app the same thing goes with the Phone app why am I seeing ads πŸ˜‘?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Ads on my Galaxy S20 Ultra

@GalaxyReplica 

Your phone app? Can you share a screenshot by any chance? I know some Samsung apps have limited ads in them, and yes people are annoyed by them, and I don't disagree, but I definitely don't have anything in my phone app. It might be a third party app causing the issue for you.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

Why are there embedded ads on an $1100 phone?

Samsung health, the weather app, Bixby home, and the galaxy store all contain embedded ads. I did not check the marketing boxes on setup, though that seems to only affect the customization of the ads and not stop them.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why are there embedded ads on an $1100 phone?

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!