Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 07-11-2020 04:05 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
Odjobb
Asteroid
Options

That just opts out of ad personalization.  I opted out of that and still get ads.

user6UDKEtHqHK
Astronaut
Options

That works momentarily now the ads have returned and I'm also finding them on my weather app now finding Google ads in my tracklist

0 Likes
userW3WOcBWHsL
Astronaut
Options

That's just for ad personalization.  Doesn't remove ads.

0 Likes
userUIMWxou9ye
Asteroid
Options

There doesn't appear to be an option to "opt out of ads" as you've stated.

When I go to Google settings and select ads, I can only "Opt out of Ads Personalization" which is already turned off.

Fyi, my S9 is running the most current version of Android 10 through AT&T.

0 Likes
DameSoloist
Asteroid
Options

Didn't work

0 Likes
OleMumNinja
Asteroid
Options
that didn't work for me I get the ads and my opt-out for ads has already been off
0 Likes
user0ch7R6nVMn
Constellation
Options

Just saw this, this morning. I SWEAR if Samsung doesn't remove the ads from their $1000 flagship device's own app, I will never buy another Samsung product. This is completely unacceptable.

userTvb1xm6yJl
Asteroid
Options

Agreed, I'm looking for a way to download an older version of samsung music as a solution.

usernnPaNEC0Fp
Constellation
Options

I've always had a galaxy consistently since I got my S3 as a young teen, and have loved them. I am a musician that is always playing music and hates paying for music streaming services, and I am EXTREMELY disappointed that Samsung Music, my one solace from being constantly advertised to, now has ads. All music on my device I've already paid for by purchasing off itunes or buying cds/tapes. We should not have to scroll thru ads on music we already own! I'll have to consider getting a different brand of phone if this isn't fixed/starts being implemented in other samsung apps. Having spotify linked to the app was bad enough but please get these blatant ads out of our faces. 

TheRabbi
Comet
Options

My biggest dilemma this year was going to be: Note20, or Fold 2? Samsung just lost this customer over this. Switching to Sony or Apple.

According to every tech blog, Samsung is even bringing ads to OneUI! Your lock screen, notification shade, and EVERY first-party app is going to be serving ads.

No way I'm paying $1500+ for that "feature." Samsung...you messed up; what were you thinking?!

If you haven't already, make your voice heard on the Play Store ratings!