JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 10:54 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userSHf6sbOxTb
Constellation
Options

@userxJh03Hk4QO Here are step by step instructions on how to stop pop-up ads https://youtu.be/JA-cBtOWgtw

0 Likes
Options
Thousa is not the issue the OP is facing
0 Likes
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options

Samsung is doing a lot that is making me want to ditch my S20 for a Pixel...ads everywhere.  Ads are already ruining our web browsing and youtube experience...now they are in phone apps and not third party apps but apps built by Samsung.  It's embarassing.  I've been using Samsung since the S3 but depending on what the Pixel 5 is like I may be done for good soon.

Taiseer
Cosmic Ray
Options
yup, I'm thinking of doing the same, I had the Note 9 since it came out, but now they are forcing me to ditch their phones and go somewhere else, I guess my next phone will be a Pixel.
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Waltrd79

I agree I don't like unsolicited ads. The ones I dislike the most are the ones that show up in system apps that I can't disable or uninstall. Full screen ads that prevent using the app until I close them are definitely my favorites. 

On the other side of the coin if I spend over a thousand dollars on a phone, the hardware, the firmware, the operating system, the features and capabilities ect are perfect then paying 3 dollars more for a third party music app that has more capabilities, features and a better ui isn't going to be an issue that pushes me to a another manufacturer.

Everyone has their own point of view on these things and I appreciate all the community members weighing in on this. I don't like ads.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Options
this will be my last Samsung unless they disable ads...
AugustLeo1
Asteroid
Options

I said almost the same thing to my wife yesterday.

0 Likes
Options
There are ads everywhere now on my Samsung note 9. The weather app, Samsung health,  phone dialer, Samsung music,  even Samsung members has huge banner ads...

How do I greet rid of these ads? I've already opted out of marketing but these are still here. A $1000 ohlone should not be hammering me for ad revenue. 

Note 9 att usa

Please help!!!
0 Likes
Jgburger
Constellation
Options

This is why I don't use any Samsung apps.

0 Likes
Yellow_River
Asteroid
Options

It is hard to be optimistic that Samsung would compromise on this issue. The reason is simple: They know that mobile phones make a perfect platform for advertising. I believe that is why they have been actively developing and bundling their own apps, as well as the Galaxy Store marketplace.

What comes to my mind is a different argument. Here it is:

Pushing ads to our phones requires connection bandwidth. Who pays for the connectivity (either Mobile or WIFI or any other transmission mechanism)?  We do. From this perspective, they are advertising using our device and we have to pay the transmission cost. In doing so, Samsung is harming us as users.  This act could be a illegal if not disclosed in their fine prints we all consented to.