Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 08-02-2020 12:49 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
AugustLeo1
Asteroid
Options

I don't know about the legal issues, but I certainly know I don't like this either.

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options

@Jgburger wrote:

This is why I don't use any Samsung apps.

Well, then you have a bunch of canned ham apps littering your phone, and you literally can't make use of Samsung's ecosystem. Might as well switch brands. 

0 Likes
AugustLeo1
Asteroid
Options

Agree

0 Likes
mrosario
Constellation
Options

Think I may have found the place to opt-out: https://privacy.samsung.com/#/mydata/preferences/opt-out

My request is still processing so hoping it works. 

0 Likes
--LokTar
Astronaut
Options

I'm sorry but if this is going to be a thing I'm not gonna get another sansung 
SamsungTech55
Astronaut
Options
that's not the default message application that's from a separate app giving you ads
--LokTar
Astronaut
Options
its from galaxy store
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options

I believe this is "game offer notifications".

You can find this setting in the galaxy store by pressing the 3 lines in the top left, then select the settings gear wheel. Turn off marketing choice, game offer notifications and turn off customization service or set to unused.

Hope this helpsScreenshot_20200802-215607_Galaxy Store.jpg

Amro
Astronaut
Options
I noticed the native Samsung app now shows you ads from the internet unrelated to Samsung. The ads are terrible and from shady providers and obviously not reviewed. I received this ad "Best Medical Supplements (Must See)"

Very disappointing. I paid $1,400 not end up with terrible shady ads on native apps. Very bad image for Samsung. 
EatApple
Astronaut
Options
I guess samsung is trying to make an easy buk or 2