JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 09-13-2020 01:39 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userAjZegrxpac
Asteroid
Options

I just recently got a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, this does not feel like a personal device, it feels like a device for advertisers to reach me. The amount of ads that I'm bombarded by is ridiculous. I know I can disable personalized ads, but can I disable all ads in the built in applications? I use a lot of Samsung products and the fact that all your applications want to sell me something is such a terrible user experience. I have to scroll past ads just to see the weather forecast for the day, I have to pass multiple ads in order to change my watch face through my phone.... There are ads everywhere in this phone...

This has to be one of the worst user experiences I've ever had with a Samsung phone. Samsung, please disable the ads, we pay out of the nose for some of these devices.

usergKsTT5EI2S
Astronaut
Options

All that money for that phone and ads on top of it? That's a disgrace 

ThePharoah
Astronaut
Options
I purchased a 1000 dollar phone from samsung. Everything was great, until I discovered the Sirius xm ad in samsung music. And I have to ask why? It seems pretty useless considering you can disable it for 7 days. Everytime I see it, it makes me feel like I got a cheap product from an obscure brand. But I didn't, I got it from a high quality brand at a high price. So why should I pay for a Top Tier phone with ads? I ask that others complain about this issue too, and hopefully every samsung phone gets their ads removed.

Options
I just installed Samsung Music and noticed the same thing. I am going to uninstall it and use a different music player.
Options
I also switch to Phone by Google and Google Messages instead of Samsung's native apps. Might as well switch to Google Pixel for my next phone (been using Samsung S series since the S2)
0 Likes
ThePharoah
Astronaut
Options
thx for the tips
0 Likes
Gnomelmploder
Cosmic Ray
Options
Stop already. I bought your devices and your apps used to be great. Now ads in weather and music app all the time. Stop. Just stop. It makes you look cheap and desperate. It makes your devices cheap too. 
userxuuLrhanIJ
Constellation
Options
i agree. too many ads! how can i turn off banner ad every time i start weather app that takes about 1/3 of vertical screen?
0 Likes
DameSoloist
Asteroid
Options

Ads in the Flagship apps are unacceptable because it's Samsung pimping access to its customers out to the highest bidder and it's human trafficking of the mind.

0 Likes
userKmGbc3QVHn
Constellation
Options
Theae phones are not cheap cost cutting phones that make up the price with built in advertising. These are full fledged flagship smartphones, and I'm still getting ads in the most basic of apps. It's disgusting that this practice has just been ignored. I've already replaced every samsung app I could with alternatives that don't force ads upon me. 

For sure my next phone will not be a Samsung until they fix this disgusting practice.