Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 12:51 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userycYR2GE4qE
Asteroid
Options

same.  bought an unlocked phone to avoid this.  ditching my note and watch and never buying anything samsung again.

0 Likes
Yellow_River
Asteroid
Options

I am using Samsung Music version 6.2.21.6 (on Galaxy S20+) without ads for a while. It is one version older than the most current version which is 16.2.22.20.

Ads on Weather App arrived recently, so irritating! I am starting to look into options. OnePlus has trade-in options for purchasing their phone. They accept multiple Samsung phones, but Galaxy S20 is not one of them currently.

0 Likes
modya1
Constellation
Options
Imagine if iPhones gave ads in their system app. The only ads iPhones have are subscription for their own in-house services, which makes sense. However on apps like weather, I constantly see ads for third-party nonsense news. In order for users who pay a premium for their smart phones, we expect an ad free experience for native, built-in apps for samsung devices! This includes other apps like samsung pay and samsung music, and others I may have missed! None of these apps are promoting Samsung Services either. What a broken ecosystem and false facade of a premium device!
0 Likes
Wolfenfurk
Comet
Options
For Samsung products?

NO

NO

NO. 

I will smash my phone. 
0 Likes
AnDJ
Astronaut
Options
Every time I see an ad in the Samsung weather app it infuriates me ..
What a joke !?
Talk about the one thing that could make me turn to the dark side of Apple ...
🤦🏻‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Another post recently brought this up... not sure if it was you.

it would take much, much more than this for me to consider an iphone!!!

Samsung, for me, is so much better than an iphone!!! How long and how frequently does one look at a weather app. . once a day tops, and maybe 30 seconds each time...?

0 Likes
AnDJ
Astronaut
Options
I too , would Never go to iPhone
I was being Sarcastic mostly
I still think it's comical to have to see Ads in the Stock Weather app of the what is the premiere Android experience ..
0 Likes
userPEkuUQ6KH1
Constellation
Options

Guess who's buying an iphone after years of samsung? Me! And it's all because of these ads

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Use AdGuard private DNS ... Settings ... Connections ...More ... for "Private DNS" enter:
dns.adguard.com
... that will take care of ads system wide for all apps on the phone (including browsers) . Restart phone

if music is stored locally you could use Musicolet
0 Likes
anobbi
Astronaut
Options
I'm so sick and tired of having ads on the base Samsung apps... Samsung pay, Samsung health, weather, MUSIC. It's super annoying and I understand ads on like the Samsung store or browser, but cmon. Any solutions?