Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 10-11-2020 07:00 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userRWnaR3ug7L
Asteroid
Options

Seriously What the actual Samsung, get rid of the ads or I'm gonna stop buying your products.

user1paZ2y3Ym1
Constellation
Options
Is there anyway to remove the ads in the Samsung music app?
0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
yup. stop using the app and download a better one. samsungs ads are baked in, and cannot be removed as there isnt even an option to pay to do so.. a few of their stock apps contain ads
0 Likes
gooFWeaR
Galaxy
Options
I permanently switch to VLC player. if you really want you can use a third-party app to get rid of the ads and Samsung music player
0 Likes
LoneWolf71
Cosmic Ray
Options

I want this to go straight to the developers if possible... Please explain to me why Samsung shows ads in their weather widget that comes default with their flagship phones? I mean the phone is expensive enough and then they're still trying to make more money by showing advertisements when I update my weather? I've heard that Samsung music which is free shows ads also! That's plain ridiculous for a flagship phone that's close to $1,000!

GalaxyCasper
Galaxy
Options
this is one of the many reasons why this will be my Samsung mobile device.
0 Likes
lmario1985
Cosmic Ray
Options
I agree. That bothers me a lot, I have a galaxy s20 ultra for 1300 usd and still have this annoying problem.
DGM
Sun
Options

I personally would find bigger problems, rather than a weather app. - - How often do you look at your weather app, and for how long??? 60 seconds???

I have their weather app on one of my edge screens... the fact that there's an ad at the very, very top doesn't bother me.   I check the temp and/or forecast and move on.   - - If there were Camera issues, screen issues and/or GPS issues, that would bother me.

0 Likes
DragonSoull
Astronaut
Options
agree, the widget itself doesn't show ads so why should it be a concern? every phone that uses the same weather service regardless of what they actually call it has ads. not only that it pulls from what AccuWeather or the weather channel. if they dont like it then just ask Bixby what the weather is.
0 Likes
LoneWolf71
Cosmic Ray
Options

That's not the point! Samsung makes plenty of money with their flagship phones (and other products) and ads are a way to make money. It shouldn't happen period! Whether it's Samsung or whatever weather company responsible for the ads, Samsung should be able to put a stop to it. (OT) My son said his iPhone does the same thing! and they are a trillionaire company!!!

0 Likes