cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Re: Samsung music ads

someone had posted that there were older versions that don't have ads. so you would need to find an older version before they included them. I personally just deleted the app and use one off of the Google play store that doesn't have ads.
Cosmic Ray

Samsung ads

I want this to go straight to the developers if possible... Please explain to me why Samsung shows ads in their weather widget that comes default with their flagship phones? I mean the phone is expensive enough and then they're still trying to make more money by showing advertisements when I update my weather? I've heard that Samsung music which is free shows ads also! That's plain ridiculous for a flagship phone that's close to $1,000!

Re: Samsung ads

this is one of the many reasons why this will be my Samsung mobile device.
Cosmic Ray

I agree. That bothers me a lot, I have a galaxy s20 ultra for 1300 usd and still have this annoying problem.
Nebula

I personally would find bigger problems, rather than a weather app. - - How often do you look at your weather app, and for how long??? 60 seconds???

I have their weather app on one of my edge screens... the fact that there's an ad at the very, very top doesn't bother me.   I check the temp and/or forecast and move on.   - - If there were Camera issues, screen issues and/or GPS issues, that would bother me.

Astronaut

Re: Re: Samsung ads

agree, the widget itself doesn't show ads so why should it be a concern? every phone that uses the same weather service regardless of what they actually call it has ads. not only that it pulls from what AccuWeather or the weather channel. if they dont like it then just ask Bixby what the weather is.
Cosmic Ray

That's not the point! Samsung makes plenty of money with their flagship phones (and other products) and ads are a way to make money. It shouldn't happen period! Whether it's Samsung or whatever weather company responsible for the ads, Samsung should be able to put a stop to it. (OT) My son said his iPhone does the same thing! and they are a trillionaire company!!!

Constellation

Why does my $1,300.00 phone have advertisements built into its default apps?

As title says, this is kind of ridiculous. 
My weather app, the Samsung Daily side menu, etc all have ads built into it. 

Did I get a price reduction for ads being in every aspect of my phone? No.
Does Apple do this? No.
Google? No. 

Get this out of here. I paid far too much to have ads for absolute garbage throughout my phone. 

Asteroid

Re: Why does my $1,300.00 phone have advertisements built into its default apps?

Apple doesn't have advertisements on the weather channel app? I think you should take a look. If you don't like it uninstall it and put an app of your liking in it's place which by the way would most likely have advertisements as well.
Constellation

Re: Re: Why does my $1,300.00 phone have advertisements built into its default..

I understand your opinion, but what I'm saying, is this is the default weather app that came on my phone. I did not go and install anything else, just use what came pre-installed. There are Ads in the Phone app even.