JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 10-14-2020 12:05 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
A2B-Gaming
Constellation
Options
As title says, this is kind of ridiculous. 
My weather app, the Samsung Daily side menu, etc all have ads built into it. 

Did I get a price reduction for ads being in every aspect of my phone? No.
Does Apple do this? No.
Google? No. 

Get this out of here. I paid far too much to have ads for absolute garbage throughout my phone. 

Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Apple doesn't have advertisements on the weather channel app? I think you should take a look. If you don't like it uninstall it and put an app of your liking in it's place which by the way would most likely have advertisements as well.
0 Likes
A2B-Gaming
Constellation
Options
I understand your opinion, but what I'm saying, is this is the default weather app that came on my phone. I did not go and install anything else, just use what came pre-installed. There are Ads in the Phone app even.
0 Likes
FMZ1606
Astronaut
Options
🤦‍:male_sign:he meant the stock weather app on iphone, it does not have ads
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
Uninstalling or disabling any app is very easy. Samsung didn't write the code for the weather channel app they just made it available if you want to use it. There are pay weather apps available with no advertisements so you have a choice. There is no advertisements in my phone app there never have been I go back to the first galaxy. What provider are you with or are you in an unlocked phone?
0 Likes
A2B-Gaming
Constellation
Options
So, to be clear. This is not The Weather Channel App from the play store(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weather.Weather). This is a default app designed by Samsung with weather data provided by The Weather Channel. Samsung pumping ads into my Phone app can't really be deleted. Why are the ads to begin with in my Phones built in applications designed by Samsung? That's my point.
0 Likes
TentacleShock
Cosmic Ray
Options
Hello A2B-Gaming,

Is this a recurring issue with your Note 20?
0 Likes
Littleoldme
Asteroid
Options
The app has nothing to do with samsung if you look at the privacy policy. In settings/apps take away all permissions the weather app has and guess what no more advertisements then choose what weather app you want and everything is good.
0 Likes
Options
bruh... nowhere does it say because you're paying $1300 your phone will be ad-free... 😏🤣 what year are you living in? ads is $$$
0 Likes
FMZ1606
Astronaut
Options
but how come apple doesnt do that with their phones? i have the same issue, i hate having to see an ad every time i want to see the weather
0 Likes