JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 11-17-2020 08:16 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
RoarLionsRoar
Cosmic Ray
Options
100% Guaranteed this is due to an app you have installed. And not a Samsung one.
0 Likes
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
I believe you are wrong. I am 1000% Guaranteed its the Samsung system. I spoke with Samsung support multiple times and they keep apologizing saying they can't do anything about it. The ads are showing within Samsung official built in apps for anyone who bought the carrier based phone in USA. In apps like the weather apps, Samsung music app, Samsung health and Samsung store. Look up the reviews for these app, and you will see it for yourself.
Rpierce2032
Comet
Options
I've been using Samsung since the S8 and now the S20 ultra 5g and you can use different apps from google. I don't have this problem at all.
0 Likes
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
That would lead to more problems. Samsung One UI and its app syncs everything to one place, Samsung Cloud. If I start using 3rd party apps, my data won't be in one place. You are basically saying, ignore the problem, and use 3rd party apps trusting them with my data. This is one of the main reason why I moved away from Google to Samsung phones, is to have all my data synced to one place instead of relying on 3rd party apps.
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options

Yeah I have been with Samsung since the S3 and have always defended them.  This has been the final blow in pushing me to Apple.  I sold my S20 2 weeks ago and picked up an iPhone 11 instead.  Much happier.  I wasn't always an Apple fan but it really just works so much better and with the Apple watch...it's great.  Especially compared to the Galaxy watch running that awful Tizen software that isn't compatible with anything.  I feel like Samsung is going to need to change things immediately if they want to keep customers.  Prices will need to drop drastically as well.

0 Likes
lucky101
Constellation
Options
Dear samsung,
can you please get rid of that super annoying ad at the welcome screen??? I don't want to see it every 7 days! 
Tseruyah
Halo
Options
Yes, thank you. it is horrible. I spent a lot of money on this phone, shouldn't have to be annoyed by ads.
lucky101
Constellation
Options
it's like they WANT their phones not to be premium!
userDeHII6UP5z
Constellation
Options
Why does Samsung feel the need to advertise a paid service when I'm using Samsung music! Every 7 days I get a pop up for XM radio that is not free! I know how to go sign up for paid service! I don't need a add every 7 days reminding me!!
useruOGoAYHXGe
Constellation
Options
Why?
0 Likes