Original topic:

Ads in Samsung Music

(Topic created: 11-20-2020 04:59 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently recieved the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unaccepatble for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to dissable these ads?

269 Replies
Options
I also switch to Phone by Google and Google Messages instead of Samsung's native apps. Might as well switch to Google Pixel for my next phone (been using Samsung S series since the S2)
0 Likes
ThePharoah
Astronaut
Options
thx for the tips
0 Likes
Gnomelmploder
Asteroid
Options
Stop already. I bought your devices and your apps used to be great. Now ads in weather and music app all the time. Stop. Just stop. It makes you look cheap and desperate. It makes your devices cheap too. 
userxuuLrhanIJ
Constellation
Options
i agree. too many ads! how can i turn off banner ad every time i start weather app that takes about 1/3 of vertical screen?
0 Likes
DameSoloist
Asteroid
Options

Ads in the Flagship apps are unacceptable because it's Samsung pimping access to its customers out to the highest bidder and it's human trafficking of the mind.

0 Likes
userKmGbc3QVHn
Constellation
Options
Theae phones are not cheap cost cutting phones that make up the price with built in advertising. These are full fledged flagship smartphones, and I'm still getting ads in the most basic of apps. It's disgusting that this practice has just been ignored. I've already replaced every samsung app I could with alternatives that don't force ads upon me. 

For sure my next phone will not be a Samsung until they fix this disgusting practice.
Robotfly
Galaxy
Options
They want your information bro I don't think there's any way to stop These ads on any phone lol.. It's just their way to sell your information to 3rd party consumers I don't think you can get around it
0 Likes
USARugbyfan18
Asteroid
Options
Anyone know how to get rid of the ad on the Weather app on the S20/Note 20's? Quite bothersome really
0 Likes
Romanelli
Galaxy
Options
mine works good
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Disable the app and download AccuWeather Premium. Sorry, but there's no way to get rid of Samsung's obnoxious ads. ☹️ Some people claim success with system-wide ad blockers. I've tried them all, and none work.