Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 11-24-2020 12:47 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
userNDFmfm9vvQ
Asteroid
Options

Yeah. This is 100% unacceptable and someone needs to be fired. Also, why can I still not search my albums by alphabet, you know, like I can for songs and bands...

The_Oracle
Asteroid
Options

Those settings only let  you turn off ad PERSONALIZATION, not the ads themselves.  You'll still get ads, and I didn't spend nearly $1K for this phone to be constantly bombarded with ads.  iPhone is starting to become a little more attractive.  Samsung is going to lose a lot of long time customers if they don't straighten up their act, and pretty soon.

JordanJ
Cosmic Ray
Options

Your are the savior! This works!

DameSoloist
Asteroid
Options

What does? 

0 Likes
user66wXLeKw09
Constellation
Options

This let me opt out of personalizing the ads, but the ads are still there for me. 

0 Likes
userrkd8apdgFV
Constellation
Options

I initially had the same issue. However, I closed and restarted the Samsung music app and the setting took effect.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

me too!

0 Likes
userTvb1xm6yJl
Asteroid
Options

This didn't work. You see they say you will not receive personalized ads, but will still be advertised to. 

userrkd8apdgFV
Constellation
Options

Thank you for posting this. I hadn't thought of looking at 'google settings' for this switch. Disabling the personalized ads did the trick!

0 Likes
userwdkuRuXYUP
Astronaut
Options

That only lets you opt out of ad personalization. It says you'll still get ads, but they won't be based on your interests