cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Ads are taking over Samsung, and everyone is becoming aware of it! Why is ..

I just read about this in a news story while I was looking up info about the Samsung Galaxy S20, the phone I was planning on upgrading to, but now I'm not so certain I'll be choosing it. If there's one thing I won't tolerate ads in, it's a core app vital to the device's basic functionality like the Phone app. It's completely unacceptable, even moreso on a phone that costs hundreds of dollars.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Ads are taking over Samsung, and everyone is becoming aware of it! Why is ..

same thing happened with me, it's despicable, other companies don't enforce this kind of behavior on their customers. sorry Samsung you just lost a loyal customer.
Highlighted

Ads in Native Samsung Apps

Samsung is the only OEM that I know of that floods their native stock apps with Ads. It is the most annoying thing ever. Like who does that?! Why would you ever do something like that to your consumers?! I vote for all Ads to be removed from stock apps Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ads

Their are ads in Samsung pay, music, Galaxy store and all over one ui. Samsung should not put adds on the default system apps or any samsung apps.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ads In Samsung apps

Why am I suddenly getting ads in a phone I paid for !?!? Are you kidding me samsung and yes iv opted to not get ads in ever app i can yet Ads in the default weather app and ads in my samsung pay ? At this rate I can't wait to get a non samsung phone what a joke

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Ads In Samsung apps

I completely second this. It is embarrassing to ask this much for a phone and inject Samsung apps with ads. At least allow the option to delete these apps. Or opt out. It's crazy Samsung does not offer an ad-free experience in their flagships. It just screams cheap!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

ads, really Samsung?

I believed in Samsung from the first day it had their Galaxy line, but now showing ads in their apps, that is really despicable, I'm switching to iOS, at least they treat their customer with respect and not trying to enforce some cheap ads on their customer.
Sorry Samsung, you just lost a loyal customer.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: ads, really Samsung?

its not to bad my dude, they actually contribute a little color balance within the apps, just ignore them and you will be fine, some of them you actually might be interested in🙂
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: ads, really Samsung?

I can't ignore them, now the added the ads, next time they are going to sell your information, this is invasion of privacy.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: ads, really Samsung?

the phones are encrypted and are secured with Samsung Knox