Original topic:

Ads in Samsung Music

(Topic created on: 6/9/20 7:17 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently recieved the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unaccepatble for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to dissable these ads?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
269 Replies
AnDJ
Astronaut
Options
I too , would Never go to iPhone
I was being Sarcastic mostly
I still think it's comical to have to see Ads in the Stock Weather app of the what is the premiere Android experience ..
0 Likes
userPEkuUQ6KH1
Constellation
Options

Guess who's buying an iphone after years of samsung? Me! And it's all because of these ads

0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Use AdGuard private DNS ... Settings ... Connections ...More ... for "Private DNS" enter:
dns.adguard.com
... that will take care of ads system wide for all apps on the phone (including browsers) . Restart phone

if music is stored locally you could use Musicolet
0 Likes
anobbi
Astronaut
Options
I'm so sick and tired of having ads on the base Samsung apps... Samsung pay, Samsung health, weather, MUSIC. It's super annoying and I understand ads on like the Samsung store or browser, but cmon. Any solutions?
userRWnaR3ug7L
Asteroid
Options

Seriously What the actual Samsung, get rid of the ads or I'm gonna stop buying your products.

user1paZ2y3Ym1
Constellation
Options
Is there anyway to remove the ads in the Samsung music app?
0 Likes
Zero_83
Comet
Options
yup. stop using the app and download a better one. samsungs ads are baked in, and cannot be removed as there isnt even an option to pay to do so.. a few of their stock apps contain ads
0 Likes
gooFWeaR
Halo
Options
I permanently switch to VLC player. if you really want you can use a third-party app to get rid of the ads and Samsung music player
0 Likes
Je655
Comet
Options
someone had posted that there were older versions that don't have ads. so you would need to find an older version before they included them. I personally just deleted the app and use one off of the Google play store that doesn't have ads.
0 Likes
LoneWolf71
Cosmic Ray
Options

I want this to go straight to the developers if possible... Please explain to me why Samsung shows ads in their weather widget that comes default with their flagship phones? I mean the phone is expensive enough and then they're still trying to make more money by showing advertisements when I update my weather? I've heard that Samsung music which is free shows ads also! That's plain ridiculous for a flagship phone that's close to $1,000!