Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 06-09-2020 07:17 AM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
Taiko
Cosmic Ray
Options
My weather app has ads and so does samsung music app. This is a big downgrade from samsung.
Taiko
Cosmic Ray
Options
My phone is showing ads all of a sudden in my native apps. Samsung music and samsung weather apps. 

OddThomas
Cosmic Ray
Options
it's not a virus, you can go to settings and opt out i believe.
0 Likes
userXbyIcv8Cs0
Constellation
Options
Same here. Extremely annoying to purchase a flagship phone and have ADs on it. This will probably be my last Samsung device.
0 Likes
userycYR2GE4qE
Asteroid
Options

not a virus.  samsung did that.

0 Likes
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options

I've had Samsung's since the S3. I have the S20 now and honestly I'm just tired of them. The ads are disgusting and an insult really. I literally just ordered a Pixel 4a because I'm kind of hating my S20 anymore. I don't even like the camera on this phone. It's kind of garbage when it comes to motion blur.  Really bad processing compared to other phones. I may end up getting a Pixel 5 actually if it isn't oversized...I heard it may be 6.7 inches and I'm kind of tired of huge phones anymore. I think 5.5-5.8 is good. Samsung needs to get their act together. Even the Note 20 announced today is way overpriced for what it is. Samsung needs to switch gears and focus on making more affordable flagships and knock it off with ads. Nobody needs ads in native apps. So gross.

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options

@userbVgG9dr6MV I personally use https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html at the premium level to cut out ads. You can often find it on sale and it's absolutely one of my best purchases.

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
0 Likes
WorldofWireless
Asteroid
Options

This is working for me so far. 😁Open music, menu (3 dots), go to settings, go to about Samsung music, go to info button in the top right corner, and go to notifications, block notifications. 

0 Likes
Dcn_Pat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung need to ditch the ads. Unfortunately they probably will never connect the dots between this kind of activity and reduced sales.
0 Likes
user927NQKsTPW
Constellation
Options

Goodbye Samsung in 3.. 2.. 1..