JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ads in Samsung app

(Topic created: 09-04-2020 08:13 PM)
userbVgG9dr6MV
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I recently received the update to Samsung Music. The ad at the top of the tracks list is really annoying and is unacceptable for my flagship phone. I don't want to use a music app with and ad. Is there any way to disable these ads?

263 Replies
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
0 Likes
Gnomelmploder
Cosmic Ray
Options
Seriously. Open Weather and get ads. Open Music and get ads. 

I won't look at the ads, in fact I just use another app. When you charge over a grand for a phone you can afford to keep your included apps ad-free. Stop being so ridiculous Samsung. It really cheapens the phones. 
megaroeny
Halo
Options
Agreed. I was going to give the Weather app a second shot, then remembered it had ads. Ridiculous
0 Likes
Tinkerbellah
Astronaut
Options
Open EVERYTHING & get ads! Bombarded with ads! Ads that I close ASAP sans reading because I HATE them... makes me wanna throw my phone against the wall:double_exclamation_mark:
0 Likes
ACC01
Halo
Options
I have a problem with ads, I hate them, and they appear in multiple native samsung applications, such as weather, music and some others, SOMEONE HAS ANY IDEA OF HOW TO REMOVE THOSE ADS 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
delete ads 4 what purpose you need them
0 Likes
ACC01
Halo
Options
what are you talking about?
0 Likes
manzoorboy06
Comet
Options
In the past year or so Samsung has gone wild with ads while raising the prices of their flagship phones. I didn't pay $1500 for a premium device so you can throw ads on my face. I don't know who are making these decisions but you are losing your customers in the long run. Its not only me, look at the Samsung apps recent reviews, many people are not happy with ads. Listen to your customers! Samsung Music was my favorite music app which I no longer use due to ads. The weather app has two ads running at the same time, the Samsung Store is the worst, even the health app, ads are everywhere! What happened to the user experience? S20 Ultra is my last Samsung device since S8 and I am in the process of moving away from Samsung ecosystem to Apple products. So long Samsung ✌.
TheRealMe
Astronaut
Options
thanks! I was close to getting this phone. Off to Apple I go.
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
same here, I paid 1300+ dollars for this S10+ 512 gb model and I will in no way pay premium prices just to have ads shoved in my face. as with you I am looking at "other" options. was going to get the Note 20 Ultra but in the end said NO.