Original topic:

Alarms and reminders don't work on Android

(Topic created: 09-11-2022 12:12 AM)
francuteleac
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello everyone. I’ve had this problem for a while and I cannot find a solution at all.

All the alarms and reminders that I’ve installed on my phone work horribly, meaning that they are almost always late, or sometimes they won’t ring at all, I only get a short notification sound.

I use Alarm Clock Xtreme, To Do Reminder and an alarm that notifies me when the battery is low or full. I used these apps on three different phones and I had the exact same problem.

Neither of these works properly. On the other hand, if I use the preinstalled apps, they always work flawlessly( I’ve already had an alarm clock and a reminder preinstalled when I bought the phone, but I don’ t want to use them, because they are too simplistic and don’ t have all the settings that I need). These preinstalled apps cannot be uninstalled, they lack this option.

These are the settings that I made for my installed alarms and reminders:

battery - not optimized(unrestricted)

adaptive battery - off

data saver - off

clear cache, clear data, force stop, reinstall app

do not disturb - off

battery - power saving - off

battery - background usage limits - put unused apps to sleep(made sure my apps were not on this list)

app info - permissions - remove permission if app isn’t used(off)

app info - mobile data - allow background usage(on)

app info - mobile data - allow data usage while data saver is on(on)

app info - alarms and reminders - allow

battery - automation - off

I locked my apps on recent apps.

I let them ring at least once a day.

So, I gave them all the permissions and made all the settings, but in vain, nothing works.

I have the latest versions of these apps.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, with One UI 4.1(based on Android 12), updated on July 1st 2022.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

1 Reply
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does the same issue occur on the stock alarm??